Is the flame retardant versatile? A polypropylene flame retardant can be used in many fields.-Halogen Free Flame Retardant for PP
More and more product industries need flame retardant, plastic, carpet, thatch, plastic film, wood trash cans, etc. So the key point is, really all products have a flame retardant can get it?
If there is really a polypropylene flame retardant to be used in plastics, the use of wood in the same wood can be used at that time. It is simply not present at present. Hehehe, maybe some flame retardant manufacturers are developing the experimental stage, but At this stage, this versatile product does not exist.
PP flame retardant is also called flame retardant, not a point or it is not good to ignite. The United States has a UL-94 standard for plastic flame retardant.
Halogen Free Flame Retardant for PP
Here we introduce the UL-94V-0, 94V-1, 94V-2 test methods.
1. This test requires a strip length of 127mm, a width of 12.7mm and a maximum thickness of 12.7mm.
2. Perform in a non-ventilated test chamber. The upper end of the specimen (6.4 mm) was clamped with a clamp on the stent and held perpendicular to the longitudinal axis of the specimen. The lower end of the sample is 9.5 mm from the lamp tip and 305 mm from the surface of the dried cotton wool.
3. Ignite and adjust the Bunsen burner to produce a 19mm high blue flame, place the Bunsen burner flame at the lower end of the sample, ignite for 10s, then remove the flame (at least 152mm away from the sample) and record the sample. There is a burning time.
4. If the flame of the sample is extinguished within 30 s after the flame is removed, the Bunsen burner must be moved again under the sample, the sample is ignited for 10 seconds, then the Bunsen burner flame is removed again, and it is recorded (newly ignited for 10 s). Record the burn-in time of the flaming and flameless combustion of the sample.
5. If there is a smoke in the sample, let it fall into the 305mm cotton wool under the sample to see if it ignites the absorbent cotton. If the cotton wool is on fire, the factors should be considered when rating.